WaxWorks II is a complete 2 channel preamp designed for use with both older monaural records, including vertical cut, as well as newer stereo records. The front panel has four controls including a Null/Balance, Function Switch, Rolloff and Turnover control.
The specs are as follows:
The Mono function sums together left and right input channels and outputs mono on both output channels. The Left function routes the left groove to both output channels. Similarly the Right function routes the right groove to both output channels. Vertical performs an electronic phase reversal of one channel and sums it with the other channel for playback of vertical cut records.
- Null/Balancecontrol provides a very small stereo balance about +1/-2 dB.
- Function Switch- 5 positions - Stereo/Mono/Left/Right/Vertical
- Turnover- 6 positions - flat 250 300 400 500 800 Hz
- Rolloff- 6 positions - flat -5 -10 -12 -13.7 -16 dB
When playing a lateral cut mono record, flipping the function switch momentarily to vertical allows for tweaking of the Null/Balance pot for a null. This will set the unit (and your cartridge etc.) to a near perfect mono mix.
For more information, contact:
- Input impedanceis a nominal 240 pf in parallel with 47K ohms.
- Output levelis consumer audio, 250 mV rms nominal.
- Noise< 70 dB.
- Frequency responsein the flat position is -1 dB from 20 Hz to 90 Khz.
- Poweris 115 VAC, 60 Hz. Unit has a red LED power on lamp but no off/on switch.
- Finishis black anodized aluminum with white legends. Approximate size is 9 3/8w x 3 1/2h x 7 1/2d.
- Unit priceis $399 + $6 shipping (US).
5336 Tribune Dr.
Orlando, FL 32812
Return to the WAMS at SlumberTech Homepage